In Our Community
Do You Want to Help Guide the Direction of Your Credit Union?
By Interior Savings
September 19, 2017
Our Board of Directors ensures the long-term success of Interior Savings. They help the Credit Union, and its group of companies, plan for the future and move towards established goals.
We have reviewed our current board members, identified competencies that we need from new directors, and from this, we have created the Desired Candidate Competencies.
Desired Candidate Competencies
Any member in good standing can seek nominations to the Board of Directors. Candidates should exhibit a commitment to co-operative values. For 2018, the Board of Directors is seeking candidates with skills, background, and experience in the following areas:
- Financial Accounting and Audit – a qualified accounting designation (CPA) and a strong understanding of the financial requirements of a financial institution.
- Wealth Management – our subsidiaries offer other financial services such as financial planning and insurance. Knowledge of these market sectors with the ability to comment and lead discussions regarding the different types of investment products and protection offered.
- Insurance Services – exceptional knowledge of personal and commercial general insurance products and services.
- Technology – encompasses two types of areas – core system upgrades and the use of technology in operations – e.g., online services, customer management systems etc.
Candidates who meet the Desired Candidate Profile and have a successful interview with our Nominations and Elections Committee will be recommended to our membership in the election voting materials.
2018 Board Positions
Four positions come up for election annually: two in the Central/North Okanagan voting region and two in the Thompson/South Okanagan voting region, each for a three-year term.
In 2018, the following incumbents have indicated they plan to seek re-election:
- Central/North Okanagan – Stacey Fenwick and Pat Ryan
- Thompson/South Okanagan – Shelley Sanders
If you would like to seek a seat on our Board of Directors, please request a nomination package. The package outlines the duties and time commitment required of a Director and is available at any of our branches. You can also find it online at www.interiorsavings.com/AboutUs/WhoWeAre/CallforNominations/
If you would prefer to have a nomination package mailed to you, please contact:
Interior Savings Credit Union, Nominations Package
#200 – 678 Bernard Avenue, Kelowna, BC V1Y 6P3
Phone: 250.869-8200 Email: email@example.com
Nomination forms will be accepted until 4:00 pm, Friday, October 20, 2017.
If you have any questions about serving as a board member, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact one of our Nominations and Elections Committee members directly. Contact information is listed below.
|Ken Christian (Committee Chair)||email@example.com|
Notice of AGM
Notice of AGM
The Interior Savings Credit Union Annual General Meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at the Ramada Lodge Hotel, 2170 Harvey Avenue, Kelowna, BC.
The Interior Savings Credit Union Annual General Meeting will be held on
Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at the
Ramada Lodge Hotel, 2170 Harvey Avenue, Kelowna, BC.