The sun is shining, the kids are done school, and your vacation is just around the corner. Whether your travel plans take you across the ocean, across Canada or down to our neighbours in the South, it’s important to be prepared. Lucky for you, we’re sharing our no-fail travel checklist. Covering all of the necessities and a few of our favourite tips and tricks, your flight will be a breeze no matter the distance:
- Clothes – Plan out your outfits ahead of time or pack mostly neutrals so you can mix and match and get the most out of what you’ve packed.
- Toiletries – Regardless of whether you’re checking a bag or only bringing a carry on, we’re big fans of small reusable bottles. Save space and skip the single-use smaller containers (let’s be honest, they’re overpriced anyways).
- Comfy airplane clothes– Comfort is key and planes can be chilly. We suggest stretchy clothes, lots of layers, and shoes that are easy to slip on and off. Pro tip: leave the belt and jewelry in your bag and save yourself from being flagged at security.
- In-flight entertainment – Depending on the distance of your flight, this is crucial. Pre-download movies or a TV show you’ve been wanting to get caught up on. If you’re part of the small percentage that hasn’t seen Game of Thrones, this is an excellent time to get caught up. Travelling with toddlers? Download a season of Paw Patrol, and bring your favourite book for yourself.
- Travel Insurance– Although we always hope (knock on wood) they don’t, accidents do happen. In case you get sick or hurt, the last thing you want to worry about is a bill that you didn’t budget for. Save time before your trip and get the coverage you need online.
- Snacks– If you’re a person who is content with one small packet of pretzels, we’re impressed. If you’re like the rest of us, we recommend packing lots of snacks. Don’t forget that the air in planes is recycled so do your fellow passengers a favour and bring odour-free snacks!
- Wipes and hand sanitizer– Airplanes aren’t known for their cleanliness. Wipe down your seat and tray table before you get comfortable and don’t forget to use some hand sanitizer or wash your hands as often as possible. No one wants to start their trip with the flu!
- Reusable water bottle- Staying hydrated is important! Instead of going through plastic bottles and having to toss them at security, bring your own reusable water bottle! Fill it before you get on the plane and then you can be kind to the planet, save money, and have a full bottle and not have to rely on your tiny cup getting refilled.
- Money– It’s always a good idea to have your credit card on you when travelling for those unplanned moments. It’s important to bring the card that will benefit you most. Interior Savings has a US card, cards that offer travel points, and even cash back cards. View all of our Mastercards and find the one that’s right for you.
- Camera– Whether it’s on your phone or not, make sure you capture your travel moments so you can reminisce on them later.
- Hat and sunscreen— It’s summer, and protecting your skin is important. Not only will a hat shade your face, it will be a lifesaver when you need to look good but the summer humidity isn’t cooperating with your hair.
- Phone charger- Don’t be the person who hops in a cab to get to your accommodation, only to realize your phone is dead and you don’t know the address off by heart. Also don’t forget to text your loved ones when you land, they appreciate it.
No immediate travel plans but really wish you did? Get in touch with our experts and let them set up a savings plan that will help you cross cities off of your travel wish list.