In Our Community
2019 Day of Difference and Local Give!
By Interior Savings
October 3, 2019
Our favourite day of the year is coming up on October 17th. What is the significance of this day? Great question!
It’s International Credit Union Day; a day to reflect on the impact of the cooperative movement by honouring our members, employees, and organizations who are helping to make our communities great places to be.
At Interior Savings, we celebrate International Credit Union Day with our Day of Difference. On October 17th, our branches will open with treats and gifts for our members. Then, at 2:00 pm we’ll close our doors and head out to lend a helping hand in our communities. This means that over 500 employees from Osoyoos to Clearwater will be out working alongside the community organizations that work tirelessly for the benefit of others.
$10,000 Local Give
For the past three years we’ve invited you to join us in the celebration with our $10,000 Local Give initiative. This year, we’re adding a Thanksgiving twist and giving you an opportunity to recognize and give thanks to the tireless volunteers, contributors, community organizations and businesses rolling up their sleeves to make a difference. The best part? We’re giving 50 people $200 to make it happen!
Starting Saturday, October 12 until Wednesday, October 16 we’ll post a question daily to our Facebook page asking you to highlight those doing great things in our communities, and to share how you would say thanks with $200.
For full contest rules click here.
10 winners will be chosen each day and announced on our Day of Difference on October 17, 2019.
On October 17th we hope to see you in branch or out in the community. Keep an eye out for our blue shirts while we’re out lending a hand! Here are a few of the places you’ll find us volunteering on our Day of Difference:
- Ashcroft: Legion Branch 113
- Barriere: Legion Branch 242
- Chase: Parkside Seniors Home
- Clearwater: Clearwater Elks Hall
- Kamloops: Kamloops Hospice Association, Kamloops Therapeutic Riding Association, Kamloops Wildlife Park, SPCA
- Kelowna: Child Advocacy Society, Mamas for Mamas, SPCA, Salvation Army, Hands In Service, CMHA Willowbridge, Kelowna Hospice, Boys and Girls Clubs, Canadian Blood Services
- Lake Country: Easter Seals Camp
- Lillooet: Lillooet Curling Club
- Merritt: Baillie House,
- Okanagan Falls: Boys and Girls Club
- Oliver: South Okanagan Rehabilitation Centre for Owls
- Osoyoos: Desert Sun Counselling Centre
- Vernon: North Okanagan Riding Association
- West Kelowna: Silver Lake Camp